Thursday 13 June 2013

... Effective Public Communication ...

Class Test
This test was given to us in week 11 which is the week after we came back from the break. For this test, all of us have to prepare four chapters, which were chapter 3, 4, 5 and 6 from the textbook "Human Communication: Principles and Communication". It consisted of multiple choices questions, fill in the blanks and essay questions.

It was actually a tough tes for me and I did not do well in it as I did not prepare it as early as I can. 


Assignment 1
This assignment is an individual work. I have to prepare a 800-1000 words essay based on the topic that I had chosen. 
My topic is
4. Even when nonverbal cues are used in text-based messages, communicating online can still lead to misunderstandings, Look at the differences between communicating online and communicating face-to-face and examine how vocal cues are important to communication.
Click in to view my essay.

The first learning outcome that I have obtained is to be able to explain the basic ideas of each chosen topic with reference to the related theories learned in this course. After finished the essay, I had a clearer vision on the chapters of verbal and nonverbal messages.

The second learning outcome is to be mastery of the topic and ability to express this in the form of an academic essay with proper APA citations and referencing. For instance, I have strengthened my writing skill after completed this essay.

I like this assignment because it did not just help me to revise the chapters on verbal and nonverbal messages, but also strengthen my writing skill together with enhancing my APA citations and referencing.


Assignment 2
This assignment is a group work. My group members in this assignment are Tan Ming Long, Tan Yong Ming, Phang June Ee and Mindy Lai Min Hui. We have to do an illustration of EPC concepts on the topic that we had chosen.
Our topic is
6. Conflict and Negotiation

The first learning outcome that I have learnt is to be able to explain the basic ideas of each chosen topic. We did analysis and research on the topic and the chapter that we have learned in lecture.

The second learning outcome is to use new examples or situations relevant to the topic in the form of dialogues / graphics and report and derive an informed opinion on the current state of the business' operation to explain the topic. My individual job in this assignment is to help my members to illustrate and draw the comics. It helps to enhance my imagination and drawing skill while drawing the comics.

The third learning outcome that I have obtained is to prove mastery of the topic by compilation of knowledge through graphics / dialogue scripts. We did our discussion on the storyline and the dialogue scripts of the comics. Beside, we also discussed the theory that we can applied in our comics.












No comments:

Post a Comment