Friday 14 June 2013

... English 2 ...

Class Assignment 1
This first assignment is an individual work. We were asked to write a 800 words essay based on a vegetable that we had chosen. The vegetable that I had chosen was French Bean. We have to observe our vegetables by our five senses, which are taste, sight, hearing, touch and smell while writing the essay.

This assignment has improved my senses of observation on the details. I learned to observe the french bean from outside to inside step by step. Besides, I also learned to express my observation into the form of essay.

I like this assignment because it was funny and interesting as well as improving my writing skill on descriptive essay.

click in to read my essay.


Class Assignment 2
This is the second individual assignment in my English 2. We were asked to write a 800 words compare or contrast essay based on the topic that we had chosen, either musical movies or historical movies. I chose to write a contrast essay on the musical movies. In this essay, I had decided to contrast these two movies, which were "The School of Rock" and "High School Musical". The three differences that I had contrasted between these movies were the way they perform their music, the plot, and environment of the movie.

I like this assignment because it was not a boring work as I can watch and analyse the movies before I start to write the essay. It actually is a quite challenging work for me because I seldom write compare and contrast essay.

click in to read my essay.



Class Assignment 3
This assignment was a class debate, which was a group work. We have to form a group of 3 members to debate a specific situation with our opponent. The topic that we had choses was
18. Gifts that are given to political leaders and their wives when they are on an official visit belong to the nation.
My group members were Wong Kim Wan and Jeffrey Tan, whereas our opponent were Sheila Ann, Mercy and Even.

This assignment had given me the chance to try the first debate in my life. It made me learnt the procedure schedule of a proper debate. Besides, I also obtained the knowledge on how to analyse a situation and do a proper research and preparation before starting the debate. It must be supported by many examples and evidences if you wan to fight against your opponent. Through this debate, I had found that my weakness, which was insufficient confidence while delivering my point as well as negotiating with my opponent.

click in to view my scripts.


Research Assignment
This was the last assignment, which was also a group work in English 2. My partner was Peter Phang June Ee. We were required do a 2500-3000 words research paper. This assignment was focusing on comparative research. We have to study four examples of tailor shops in Klang Valley and Seremban by visiting and interviewing the owners of the tailor shops.
After finished the research paper, we have to do a video presentation based on the topic about the tailor business.
Our topic is
You work for a department promoting lifelong learning in a local university. You have been asked to prepare a talk that explains how tailor’s have played an important role all though the years as well as the contemporary challenges faced by tailors. Your audience is comprised of people form missed backgrounds and ages. Most of them are very eager but some have come along to accompany a friend or spouse/relative.
What strategy will you use and how will you convince them?

I have learned to interview target and translate the information to the form of essay through this research paper. It was a good experience for me to construct a such heavy paper which consisted of 2500-3000 words.

click in to read my report.








  
             

No comments:

Post a Comment